Published on February 5th, 2014 | by Isaac Neely
Fairy Bones – The Fairy Bones EP
Fairy Bones are a relatively new female fronted quartet. They move quick though. In only a year they have released an EP, signed on with Phoenix based 80/20 Records, done some touring, and been featured on local radio stations.
With only 4 songs, The Fairy Bones EP is a short listen. The band seems to have masterfully packed in a statement as to who and what Fairy Bones is. New listeners will easily be blown away by Chelsey’s (singer) powerful voice and find themselves bobbing along from start to finish.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Structure – No doubt about it, Fairy Bones know what they want and where they want it. Whether it is the way the instruments are laid on top of each other or the hooks hooking right when they need to, everything is right where it belongs: 4.75
- Uniqueness - It’s tough for me to try to think of any parts where The Fairy Bones seems to miss on being unique without sacrificing overall musical integrity. They aren’t different just to be different, they had a very unique sound helped with Chelsey’s background in musical theater and along with, hands down, a powerhouse of a voice: 4.75
- Quality - If you’ve heard the EP you know what I mean when I say, this is crafted masterfully. The instruments are woven together beautifully so you never miss a note from any of them, and we get the singing that will fill your ears up-down-left-right and you want it to be there: 4.75
- Memorability – Like I mentioned earlier, there’s some great hooks that will catch you and stay there in a way that makes you want to dance even if you’re sitting down: 4.75
- Musicianship – No arguments here, everyone in Fairy Bones holds their own: 5
AMI was able to talk with Chelsey about the band, the creative process and her dryer so be on the look out for that interview following this review. If you check out The Fairy Bones and want more, you’ll need to be patient. The band is currently working on a full-length album due out later this year.
Listen to their EP
-Isaac @ AMI